Martes, Setyembre 30, 2014

Moon in Fire

by Uel Ceballos, circa 2003

It was late in the evening I was walking,
the night was obscure and quite tingling.
Emotion was blend with the insects crooning
from the nearby bushes there were crickets sounding.

I was walking alone and no one was around.
In my hand was my guitar and I sat in the lawn.
I started to strum and the night began to hum
The wind gave a kiss and the trees
commenced to dance.

The shadows in the grasses were moving
left and right.
The mystic moon above showered the
night a beaming light.
I was amazed when I looked to the sky
because encircled by the stars above was a
a moon in ardent fire.

The night wind blew and I shivered
It made me sad, it was you I remembered.
In this night so bright we were walking together
with our hands entwined in that cold
night of September.

Though I knew that we were now afar
Somehow I thought that you were wishing
on the same star
As I prayed in the meadow while the
scarlet started to bloom
I stood upright and watched the blazing moon.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento