Biyernes, Setyembre 26, 2014

Duped by Fate: The End of Dissimulation

by: Uel Ceballos

Woman:

I Love You...
Emotionally moved by your constant presence
Clasped in the arms of compassionate solicitude
I rested there in fetal curve, in my new orb with you

Man:

This is goodbye now forevermore...
For I have lost myself again in the sea of deception
Forgive me for pulling you down in my doomed world
Just when I thought you could light up my world,
I have darkened yours.

Woman:

You tugged me out from the entangled web of doom
From what seemingly an inescapable derangement
Hand entwined, we hurried on our way out
From the intricate spun of paths that we were both caught into

Man:


We were both the darkness searching for the light
How blind was I to not see? What have I done?
You were strong as the stag but your heart was like the sand
Pristine and granting, but weak to the cruel ocean.

Woman:

A dose of sweet escape anesthetized us from the searing sorrow
Our analgesic to the scorching ache of our detrimental past
You were my asylum, as well as I was yours
We created an estranged world, a refuge for us alone

Man:


Have you not seen that I was the merciless salt on your wound?
I wasn't the cure but I was the catalyst on your slow death
Yes you were my sanctuary, but I was your hell
In your world I spread horrors
I wasn't worthy to be your man at all

Woman:

Until in one of those twilight you unburden the hidden truth
You plunged deeply into my heart the dagger of veracity
I was just an ephemeral deliverance from your concrete existence
But never would I be your lifetime reality

Man:


For I was eternally jailed to the terror of my past
To which you were never a part
How could I take you for granted when all you needed was to be loved?
But if you were on my shoes would you rather walk the path?

Woman:

I have fallen once again in the delicate mesh of deception

Man:

Fate was ever so cruel to me
I was forever the subject for its insanity

Woman:

For how could a fallacy finds a room where everything seemed so good and true?

Man:


Not until your departure that it was revealed to me;
The life indeed was full of ferocity

Woman:

For you I was just a sweet illusion, but for this I couldn't go on

Man:


What took so long the light in you?
When I finally saw it

Woman:

This is goodbye now, forevermore...

Man:


It was out of my grasp anymore
I love you...

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento