Biyernes, Setyembre 26, 2014

Duped by Fate

(A reply to the poem 'Dissimulation')

by: Uel Ceballos


This is goodbye now forevermore...
For I have lost myself again in the sea of deception
Forgive me for pulling you down in my doomed world
Just when I thought you could light up my world,
I have darkened yours.

We were both the darkness searching for the light
How blind was I to not see? What have I done?
You were strong as the stag but your heart was like the sand
Pristine and granting, but weak to the cruel ocean.

Have you not seen that I was the merciless salt on your wound?
I wasn’t the cure but I was the catalyst on your slow death
Yes you were my sanctuary, but I was your hell
In your world I spread horrors
I wasn’t worthy to be your man at all

For I was eternally jailed to the terror of my past
To which you were never a part
How could I take you for granted when all you needed was to be loved?
But if you were on my shoes would you rather walk the path?

Fate was ever so cruel to me
I was forever the subject for its insanity
Not until your departure that it was revealed to me;
The life indeed was full of ferocity
What took so long the light in you?
When I finally saw it
It was out of my grasp anymore
I love you...


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento