Lunes, Abril 15, 2013

Merciless Shadow


(by: Uel Ceballos)

Your shadow follows me wherever I go
I have trailed the perilous woodlands,
Have walked the strange footpaths,
While breathing the air of green and savoring the kisses of sunlight
Your shadow just wouldn’t depart

You are the unwanted blackness
That stained my ever vibrant canvas of dazzling rainbows
And sparkling fireworks
You are the icy cold wind that surges me to death
Even under the most scorching heat of the sun

I have conquered the towering greatness of mountain,
Have looked down over fields and plains like a heroic figure
But to you, I forever stoop on my knees
My head bowed low to the soil

Like a spoil from a battle you’ve won,
I was defeated and enslaved.
Your shadow just wouldn’t let me go
You made me sick.

You are the spiteful malady that breaks every bone in my body,
Burns my joints in hellish fire, inflames my vessels to excruciating pain
You gets me bald and exposes me in shame
My eyes are bloodshot by the incessant tears of grieves.

Pus-bearing pustules are all over my face
You’re as cancerous as the dead soul that decays
Within a mortal’s living body
Your shadow beats me without the least of compassion
I’m better off to be dead than to be at your mercy.


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento